- Keep your keys from jingling when running by tying a rubber band around them. The shorter, the better! Also, broader ones work better on keys when running. You can use a hair tie, too. But when it comes to best hold and quick undoing at once, any rubber band just makes the run. Now, where to put the keys while running?
Fix the threaded keys under the tied laces or into the side of the shoe. Secure with double knot.
4. Tie the keys into your pants string. Secure with double knot.
6. Attach the keyring to a hair tie and wear it around your wrist.
Fix the key in it. Works best with one key only. If you do not often
have to reattach the key to other keys, carry your keys when running like this: Wearing your
key without the keyring threaded on any string instead.
Make your own: Quick sewn solutions for running with keys
7. Sew a hair tie inside your pants with a few stitches.
Knot your key to it. To get the perfect length of hair tie
knot the key before stitching. Store your keys while running even better by sticking the keys between body and another tight shorts underneath.
8. Sew a simple basic key pocket for inside your pants.
Here are the instructions.
9. Sew a simple, customizable pocket for inside your pants.
Holds your smaller devices like phones, mp3-players besides
your keys, too. Tie your keys into the string and secure your
device at once. Instructions and pattern coming soon.
10. Sew a highly customizable belt bag with or without a zipper.
Store your keys when running with all you need. Wear it above or
underneath around your hips. Qualified for heavier devices
like smartphones. Instructions and pattern coming soon.
How to store your keys when running – two more tips for people wearing bras or ponytails:
If your bra has no pocket you may simply tie your key with a hair tie into the straps. Wear the keys on the inside of your bra. To avoid rubbing it is recommended to wrap a tissue around the keys and fix it into the keyring or rubber band.
Some more tips where to store keys while running:
No run without your watch?
Do the key inside your watch while running.
Are you a true minimalistic runner?
Just hold the keys in your hand.
Yep, this sounds silly. But there must be a lot of runners out there carrying their keys in their hands while running and all of them point out this method’s practical utility.
It sure is a quick and simple way. And it truly is not that impractical as some think. No jingling, no bouncing, no moving around, no digging for the key, no costs.
Many say – hey, it is not that uncomfortable as you think – especially if you put your finger through the keyring. And anyway, isn’t it quite ingenious as many may not even think about this possibility in times of having accessories with bags and pockets everywhere?
Yet this “solution” lacks an important aspect for ambitious runners: You will not run with a preferred limber stance with a key in your hand!
Regarding to the wearing comfort, it is also quite likely that a key-in-hands-runners just did not find or never tried any other solution yet which is designed to be more comfortable.
Put the keys in your socks.
Unfortunately, in most cases the keys pinch, rub and move around even in tight socks. But you can try to optimize it by three methods:
1. Tie the keys tight around your ankle before tucking them into your socks.
2. Sew an old fabric in the shape of an rectangle, fitting your keys, inside your socks. Close this “pocket” with a safety pin. Do this for a few of your socks or never change your socks again 😉
3. Try solution 5 or solution 7.
Put the keys under the innersole of your shoe.
This has to be tried out individual. But in most cases it is not recommendable as the keys slip around. Also limited to one key only.
Wear the keys like a necklace around your neck.
Thread the keys to any piece of string, put it around your neck and stick it under a tight top.
Rather spend a few bucks? Read about top running pockets..
Never fast enough to get ready finally going for your run? Read about how to save time while getting ready for running with keys..
How do you store your keys when running?